Monday, September 29, 2008

cartwheels and can kicking

My dad always told me when I was growing up that when it came to me you could count on cartwheels in victory or tears in defeat. I always resented that as kind of an excessively simplistic way of describing my artistic personality. Whether or not I wanted to admit it I was guilty of kind of residing on the extremes of things.

I think we do that with God sometimes.

Our interaction with God is so dependent on our emotions sometimes.
When we allow our perspective of God to be fueled by emotions, then we are really limiting the power of his affection in our life.

comment and we'll talk about that.

psalm 51:10 - create in me a pure heart, and renew a steadfast spirit within me
Posted by andrew cherry at 7:48 PM |  
Labels: ,

2 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)