Tuesday, September 23, 2008

and so it begins

this past weekend was the beginning of a new era.

I started my itinerate worship leading ministry on Sunday.
A scary yet exciting move in response to the calling I have felt on my life for the past 6 months.

On Sunday I was able to partner with Ridge Church in Matthews, NC. Chris Brown and the rest of the team of staff and volunteers do an extraordinary job of creating environments that really enhance the presentation of the Gospel. Ridge is a strategic partner of Northpoint Community Church in Alpharetta, GA. We heard from Northpoint's pastor Andy Stanley for the message. Andy spoke out of Romans 12 on truly being a part of the body of Christ. It was a great challenge for believers who had maybe just heard the Gospel, and for those who have been around the Christian world for a bit longer.

If you are looking for a church home and are in the Matthews area I would highly suggest Ridge Church they meet on Sunday morning's at 11AM at the Levine Senior Center in Matthews.


I was privileged to work with a great band of guys. Matt Nethery on Electric, Skylar McNabb on Drums, and Brett Banks on Bass. These guys were extremely talented and had great hearts of service and worship. I hope to work with them again in the future.
The presence of the Lord was very evident as we worshipped.

The setlist was : "Solution by Hillsong United". I wasn't always a big fan of this song but as I was learning the words really was encouraged by the message and the depth of the lyrics. A standout line is " politics will not decide, if we will rise and be your hands and feet". Good stuff. We then moved into "All Because of Jesus by Steve Fee", and "Majesty by Delirious". We closed out the message with an awesome song off of Leeland's new album called Count Me In. All in all a great morning.


Its a bittersweet feeling for me. Making the transition from staff member to volunteer at my home church Southbrook was a very hard decision, but I know it was the right one. Pastor Rob and the rest of the staff have been fantastic in helping me and supporting me in what I really feel is God's calling on my life. I have felt the Lord leading me for quite a while that my ministry here on earth wasn't meant for just one church, but rather that I help churches all over the city, state, country by leading worship, encouraging their volunteers, and giving there staff members well needed breaks. But my calling is two fold. I feel that a big part of what I do needs to be engaging the secular artistic community and being an example of the light of Christ in a culture that is overshadowed by darkness. So, be praying for me in this new venture that my integrity would hold strong, that I would be able to financially support myself, and that God would continue to mold and shape me into a man after his own heart. I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't a bit nervous but I know that God will be faithful to finish the work he began in me. I will be updating more regularly these days to keep you all posted on whats going on with me.

andrew


(while writing this i was listening to the album leaf)
Posted by andrew cherry at 9:52 AM |  
Labels:

2 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)